03.12.14 Fans make Grand's album one of top 10 most funded music projects in Kickstarter’s history
Fans Make Gay Indy Artist Steve Grand’s Kickstarter One of Top 10 Most Funded Music Projects in Kickstarter’s History – and Counting
Note: See new video message from Steve to fans – just posted today:
March 12, 2014 — Fans have catapulted openly gay independent artist Steve Grand’s Kickstarter campaign to one of the top 10 most funded music projects in Kickstarter’s history – and counting. This milestone was reached on March 6, just 9 days after launching the campaign to fund Steve’s first album. The campaign is now two weeks old, with 17 days left.
The “top 10” milestone is just the latest example of the determination fans have shown right from the start:
- Just 17 hours after the Feb. 26 launch, fans busted through Steve’s $81,000 goal.
- Within 24 hours, the project had been shared roughly 9,000 times on Facebook, and more than 1,600 private consumers had stepped up to fund his dream.
- In under 2 days, the project became one of only 32 out of 27,000+ total music projects in Kickstarter’s history to be successfully funded at $100,000 or more.
- Within 5 days, fans had pledged double Steve’s original funding goal.
- Within 9 days, on March 6, the project became one of the top 10 most funded music projects in Kickstarter’s history – and counting.
Now, with 17 days left, fans are unstoppable in what has become a full-blown movement in support of an openly gay independent artist. Today, more than 2,700+ backers have pledged $182,000+ -- and counting.
“I am blown away by what my fans are doing,” Steve said. “This is no longer just an album. It’s a grassroots movement. Most of the contributions are from gifts of $10, $15 or $25. My fans aren’t satisfied with giving just enough to get this record produced. They seem determined to put this album on the playing field with artists who are backed by major labels. Their message is clear: ‘The sky is the limit. Let’s see how far we can go!’ Every dollar now means we can market and promote this album to an even wider audience – and make our voices heard on an international scale.”
Back to California: http://youtu.be/qOoWIsy_dFU
Quick Bio: Not long ago, Steve Grand was a little-known Chicago singer-songwriter. But that changed July 2, 2013, when his self-funded music video, “All-American Boy,” posted to YouTube. The song — about unrequited love between two men — went viral, accumulating more than 2.8 million views, landing Steve in the national spotlight and catapulting the song to Buzzfeed’s list of the “24 Most Brilliant Music Videos from 2013.” Steve has been hailed as a “viral sensation” and one of America’s “first openly gay country stars.” Steve released a second single, “Stay,” then a third, “Back to California,” which offers a sneak peek at his first full-length album due out this spring. More info is available at SteveGrand.com.